Friday 21 September 2012

A blogger

Well, this is me trying out blogging:) As this is totally new to me, it might seem a bit weird or clumsy, but I will surely learn and get better:) I hope you will at least enjoy reading it.

I hope this blog will be the place to share my experiences about paintings and while painting.
Please also visit www.portraitartist.co.za

Ritma Grizane

14 in 1!



So today I finished this family portrait. I have never painted a portrait with more than two subjects in the painting, and now- 14!!! Quite a jump! I must say it took loads of motivation, concentration and coffee:)

This is an acrylic painting of size 55 x 75cm on stretched canvas. It possibly would be a better painting if I used an oil paint, but I could not have that luxury as it had to be done in 5 days and oil simply would not dry in 5 days....

As I work from the photo and the reference picture was done before the digital age- the photo was scanned and emailed to me. It also was a black and white photograph. Originally I was going to paint a black and white painting, but I felt that some color on faces would make better impression and stand out.

After all- I hope that the client will be happy about the result:)

3 comments:

  1. Well done, this is a huge step for you and your talent shines through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Laine for reading!:) check the next post!:D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty chuyển phát nhanh quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete