Wednesday 26 September 2012

Painting horses


Horses are so amazing- huge, but gentle!!! They have so much power, but they would trust us to direct them. Well, most of the time:).

Ever since I remember myself, I have been bewitched by horses. I should thank the horses for getting me into sketching.  There are quite a few horse sketches that I still have at my parents place. Unfortunately I cant not put pictures of those sketches here, because my parents live in Latvia (Europe), but I'm in South Africa, but maybe I will do just that one day:)

Logically, when I started painting in April, 2010, I soon moved to painting horses. It was Bles in acrylic. the painting is owned by my friend Suz and Bleses owner. From there on, I have painted a few horses and each painting came out better then the previous:)



Condos Goliath (Mr Spots) is the last painting I painted - it is still drying on top of my fridge. This painting is for Goliath owner and my friend Alaine, who kindly allows me to ride this stunning horse!:) It came out so nice, that I might keep away from painting horses for a while, as I'm afraid I would not be able to do a painting better than this... hmmm, lets see how long is that fear going to keep me away from painting another horse:D.

Thank You for reading and have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment