Sunday 14 October 2012

Paintings in Country Markets/ Events

Yesterday, 13.October, 2012, we had a Training jumping show at Journey's End stables (www.horsebackriding.co.za) where I am a regular visitor...

As I have painted some of the horses there, I decided to advertise my work on the event. So, I teamed up with my friend Alaine (http://laineysbeadeddesigns.wozaonline.co.za) and we had a display table at the show.  The show itself was a great success as it had a great turnover and fantastic atmosphere. My paintings however didn't enjoy that much attention or interest. Ok, I didn't expect people to buy the paintings as they all were costume made for someone, but were some what disappointed about lack of interest.


Where did I go wrong? Ok, I guess, people didn't come to the show to see paintings, they came to see horses and jumps. Maybe I should keep to online advertising and keep www.portraitartist.co.za active? Maybe I should try a genuine craft market where people come to see and possibly buy art??? Ok, that sounds like a way forward:)

No comments:

Post a Comment