Wednesday 31 July 2013

Art Exhibit

So, it came and passed, my very first official Solo art exhibit! 

It took place in Latvia 18-24.July, place called Gaujiena, the village where my parents live. The venue - Local Information centre- holds a sensitive value to me- I used to work there... oh, no.... volunteer would be a more appropriate word:) It was very cosy and comfortable.



The next venue was in a bigger town - Smiltene- "Tējnīca KaTē"- so grateful to the owners of the place and wish them all the best!!! I even got flowers from my friends in Ventspils, who came to see the exhibit:)


What next?

I must admit that I was surprised by a positive reaction to the exhibit- so many more people were interested in helping me to exhibit elsewhere. I didn't expect that- but it's nice!!! The initial idea was to take the paintings back to South Africa, but as interest was high and paintings framed (framed paintings are harder to transport), I decided to go on with more exhibits. At the moment the exhibit is running in Gaujiena again and mid-August will hopefully travel to Riga- the capital city. 

Let's move on and do an exhibition in South Africa- there is just one slight problem- first need to do some more paintings:)

Thank Yous!

This would not have been possible without help from other people. So thank YOU:

My dear husband Neil - who has to try and sleep when I skratch arround (making indescribable sounds) at night while painting :)

My immediate family - who supported the idea of the painting exhibit. Special thanks to my dad, who worked hard to make all those frames on lats minute;)

To owners- of the paintings, as some of them are not my possession and they were so kind to borrow the paintings for the exhibition:)

To other painters and teachers - for helping me to grow as an artist!

And to all You, who helped me with exhibition arrangements!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment