Saturday 6 April 2019

Difficult beauty

I was commissioned to do a portrait. When I saw the photo  I thought it will be an easy one--single person, block colors and clear lines. Oh, how wrong I was.

Portrait was of a beautiful girl. I love painting beautiful woman. The mistake turned out to be that I didnt ask for more photos of the subject.  As every girl and woman today she likes playing with the makeup and photos, thus looks different in different photos. I should have asked for more photos!

Also, the client wanted the portrait to be sent by currier, which I didn't expect to be an issue, but turned out to be one. I have the price from the web, but when I wanted to ship the painting, the currier company advised that they don't handle paintings as they can't establish the cost of the item and replace the value if something happens. Luckily a relative came to help and delivered the painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment