Friday 4 August 2017

Inspired by Game of Thrones

The new season of the cult series just started. I can't say that I am a huge fan of Game of Thrones, but I do glance at the screen now and then, when GOT is on. Look, I even used the abbreviation  like a pro :D

One of my biggest challenges in painting is to choose a subject. That probably is the reason why I like doing commission work ;) - the subject is provided beforehand!


Alla prima painting of Khaleesi.
16 x 16 cm
Oil on canvas.

You might notice that this portrait is some what similar to the one in the previous post. First- it's the same size and second - I used the same color palette. This size is very unusual for me actually, but I am enjoying it- as painting can be finished in one session within 3h.

Here is a time lapse video of first part of the painting process: https://youtu.be/hZrAQRxVZbA

No comments:

Post a Comment